Friday, June 6, 2008

just a blog before i go



I thought I'd share a blog before we go to Cape San Blas for a week on the beach. We'll be camping in our pop up. There will be plenty of sand in the camper and up my butt as well. Last year I made a few low-relief sand sculptures. I'm coming to the beach more prepared this year to build them bigger and better. I don't enjoy being out in a bathing suit in public. I don't try to achieve a tan and I can only handle the salty water for so long. So, its sand sculptures for me.
I've started a new knitting project. I was inspired by somebody else's williamsro on ravlery. I'm not using the noro cash iroha. I'm using Bernat alplaca blends, but I am using the noro blossom for the trimwork. I'm posting what I've done so far in the alpaca blends. This will most likely be my knitting project on the way to Florida. Its been knitting up fast which is a nice treat.
So, hopefully I will come back from Florida with pictures of works of art through sand and no burns or tans. I intend to come back as caucasian as I am leaving for down there.

1 comment:

Calicoknits said...

I don't enjoy being in a bathing suit period but I do love the water. I can float for hours and luckily don't burn as quickly as most redheads. See you when you get home.