Saturday, September 20, 2008

new toy

So, Walmart had the ipod Nano 3rd generation on sale this weekend and I broke down and bought me a blue one. I've been kind of wanting one but have been trying to hold out until Christmas. With it on sale at a good price, though, I broke down. Now, I normally keep myself quite entertained with all my knitting toys. I'm not a techno geek at all. Its a wonder I can figure out how to get on here and blog. But I have to say that I have been having a blast with my new ipod since my son showed me how to work it. I made myself a playlist (I intend to make a few more). I've entitled it Stay Awake and it has some Nirvana and Faith No More and Pearl Jam in it and it is designed for me to listen to on the way to work in the mornings and keep me awake. The older I get, the harder that hour drive to work is at 5:30 in the a.m. I love it because I can go and buy a single song without having to go find and buy a whole album. I've even downloaded me some Psychadelic Furs, Modern English, and The Cure. I know, I'm showing my 80s roots but there was a little bit of cool music in amongst Culture Club and The Thompson Twins.
On another note, I'm battling some lingering upper respiratory infection. I've taken a z-pack and managed to get rid of the rainbow-snot spewing forth from my head, but I've still got a cough and a tickle thing going on deep inside my ear.... you know, the one where you have to swallow and swallow to try to scratch it. I told my husband that it feels like tiny furry kittens are running around my eustachian tube. Meow. I just hope that the tiny kittens don't start using my ear as a litter box.