Monday, July 6, 2009

summer knitting





While on vacation, I managed to finish a baby sweater for a friend of mine who just had a baby. I had started completely different sweater and one sleeve to go when I totally misplaced the yarn I needed to finish it. I grabbed some Rowan Calmer out of my stash and took it with me to do a "do over" while we were on vacation. I did the Elizabeth Zimmerman baby sweater on two needles. The pattern February Lady is inspired from it. I had been wanting to knit February Lady and figured this was a good way to give it a test run. After completing the baby sweater, I went to Sugarfoot Yarns and scored some malabrigo in olive to knit my own February Lady. I'm still on the garter stitch yoke right now.
On another note, I've got some pictures of the mailbox I painted for my husband for father's day.

1 comment:

Calicoknits said...

Bout time you posted something