Friday, June 8, 2007

Rob Thomas baby hat (aka... I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell..."

This is a baby hat that I made for a coworker of mine that is fixin to have a baby. I'm in the process of knitting her a sweater, but since its a work in progress of my own design and sometimes frustration, I figured I had to give her SOMETHING hand knit for her little baby boy. The hat reminds me of something that Rob Thomas (extreme cool guy that he is) would wear.
Being that I've been going crazy this weekend between dealing with fighting kids, trying to get ready for our camping trip, and getting ready for working at the Rock over the weekend, I couldn't help think of the Matchbox 20 song that goes, "i'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell. I know right now you can't tell...." Get it? I've been going a bit crazy this weekend and the hat reminds me of Rob Thomas. Get it now? See?
I knit the thing with Lion Brand Homespun which I am convinced is an evil, evil yarn. I do like the way it looks when you get done fighting with it, though, and against better common sense, I have bought the colors barley, roccoco, ranch, and baroque (the very colors I made this hat with) to make a striped cardigan that I saw in a book that was made with cotton and on much smaller needles, in similar colors that was the inspiration for my masoquistic endeavors to take on this homespun project. I have several other works in progress and in the wings so its not like I'm going to start working on it tomorrow or anything.
Anyhow, this will be my last blog before I head for vacation. I hope to get a little bit of knitting but am not sure how realistic that will be with the kids along. HOWEVER, I do go on a bit of a vacation with my husband in July (get this.... he's going for business and will be gone a good part of the day where I can lay around and read and knit and then he'll come home just in time for me to take a break from the knitting, take me out to supper, come home for some conjugal visitation, and go to bed. What a wickedly perfect set up!!!!). Now that's a vacation I'm looking forward to!!!!

1 comment:

Calicoknits said...

news flash Jose, We can tell