Sunday, August 19, 2007

groovin on a Sunday afternoon



My boys just left to go back to their dad's. We all went to Whitewater yesterday. It is truly an act of love for a mother to go run around in public in a swimsuit for the sake of entertainment purposes for her children. I can tell you that there is nothing better for shooting down the self esteem of a 40 year old mother than to have her parade around with a bunch of teenagers and twenty-somethings all in their barely-there bikinis, copper skin, and pierced navels. I did sport my own belly ring a few years ago, but the damn thing kept snagging on my jeans and it just became a painful ordeal so I took it out. I also do have to admit that since I have been divorced from the father of my children (a man who was very adamant about my going to the tanning bed and tanning) I am a shade worshipper, wear SPF50, and embrace my caucasianness. I have no desire to submit myself to an increased risk of skin cancer. Other forms of cancer run rampant in my family history and I figure its in the cards that I'm going to meet up with some cancer gene gone active at some point in my life. I certainly don't need to add to the cancer risk factor pot.
Anyway. The picture is of a trinity knot that I cranked out while my stepdaughter was at the dentist the other day. I did make an alteration from the original pattern that I found in a cap pattern, but have not had near the grief with it as I have been having with the peace symbol. I plan to incorporate the trinity knot in the instep of a pair of socks. I seem to be a sockaholic these days. Perhaps I should rename myself the sock whisperer.

3 comments:

=^..^= jlw said...

very nice. it is more even. my rogue is knit from the bottom up, so there is the one at the bottom and then an upside down one at the top. there is also one on each sleeve, i am doing those now. i wish i could just knit and all this school stuff would get done somehow...HA.

=^..^= jlw said...

i signed up on raverlry, but haven't gotten in yet. did you?

Knit Witch said...

Yep, I am loving the socks. Just started some for Christmas the other day. I need some sock yarn!!! Hmmm....sounds like a shopping trip!