Wednesday, September 9, 2009

while I've been whiling away the time.





Four weeks ago I had knee surgery so I've been out from work since then. I didn't feel much like knitting the first couple of weeks as I had to endure pain and physical therapy. The upside to this is they gave me some good pain meds so it made up for it. I HAVE managed to get some knitting done lately, though. I am working on a baby sweater for a coworker, some socks, and a couple of sweaters. The sweater piece in the picture is the front of a sweater I'm knitting for my youngest son. I've got one sock done and about 10% of the second sock. The yarn is from my good friend the Knitwitch. Its a worsted weight and I do believe the colorway is Sagittarius. She'll have to correct me if I'm wrong. It has a really nice feel knitting with it. The pattern is Red Dwarf by turtlegirl. I've never been much of a toe-up sock knitter, but this is a fun pattern. Also, after a much anticipated wait, my LYS Sugarfoot special ordered me some Pagewood Farms sock yarn Glacier Bay in the colorway Crayon. I am loving working with this yarn and highly recommend it if you can get your hands on some!
I go back to work in about a week and a half so we'll see how that goes. Besides the physical therapy I 've been trying to take some walks around the neighborhood to build up my endurance in anticipation of my 12 hour shifts I'll be going back to!
Also posted is a picture of my cat Zooey surfing facebook.

No comments: