Saturday, September 8, 2007

the poor and the tired

I went to the Yellow Daisy festival today with my three youngsters in tow. My husband is currently working at the Rome film festival. Personally, I'm thinking there's a lot of knitting to be done when all you're doing all day is running Indie films for the eclectic of Rome. Anyway, after my recent trip on Friday to Knitch in which I had 15 minutes to get what I came for and get out before the restaurant across the street towed my car and my purchase at Kati Russel's booth, I am poor. And having spent the day in the heat I am tired. Therefore, I am both poor and tired. I can't say enough about Kati's paintings though. She's really the only vendor I gave a flip about seeing while I was there. Sure, I did check out some jewelry vendors' wares and feel fairly confident about my own beading and jewelry making skills, but it was Kati I went to see. I encourage anybody who likes abstract angel art or metaphysical art to check her out. My friend Zoie told me about her last year and I've gone to her website on occasion to look at her work. Her orginals up close and personal were amazing. http://www.katirussell.com/order.html
I apologize for no pictures today. I am loving my kaalund silk strands yarn that I bought on Friday and am using to make myself a pair of socks. Go figure. A pair of socks for myself. What a novel idea!!
Oh.... on another sock note......my husband took his hugs and kisses socks with him to the Rome film festival and informed me that he was wearing them today. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I AM A CLOSE FRIEND OF KATI'S, AND YES YOU ARE SO RIGHT, HER WORK IS FANTASTIC!!
I AM SO GLAD YOU SEE HER WORK FOR WHAT IT IS.
SHE IS A WONDERFUL AND CARING PERSON, AS IT SHOWS THROUGH HER WORK WITH THE ANGELS.