Wednesday, January 23, 2008

just another day




Went to Knitch yesterday after my appointment with my Shaman. Scored some blue sky alpaca for some socks requested by the hubby and took some pictures of Nell's sweater of the month. I got the kit earlier in the month and wanted some pics in case I needed to remind myself how something was supposed to go. You can't get the pattern/kit through the online site yet so if you're interested, you'll have to give them a call (like I did) or go down to the shop in person.
I wish I took better pictures. I'm working feverishly on finishing the second of a pair of thuja socks for a belated birthday present for my father in law. Its a strand of blue skies alpaca and a strand of sox appeal. It makes a nice combo together both in color and texture. The hubby is wanting a pair for him made of the same materials. He wanted a purple in the blue skies and a variegated with purple and blue in the sox appeal. The sox appeal is on back order, but that's ok. I need to work on a couple of other socks AND the sweater of the month while I'm waiting for the back order. In a moment of weakness, I also ordered a parisian tote kit from a place in NY. I seriously have a problem. I need some help.

2 comments:

Calicoknits said...

There needs to be a 12 step program for the yarn addicted. I have reached S.A.B.L.E. and still can't stop.

Knit Witch said...

Nah, I LIKE being an addict, though I do wish it was a cheaper addiction! I like that sweater!