Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy 4th



Having a low-key 4th here in Peachtree City. We went to the golf cart parade this morning. My stepdaughter was on a float for the community theater production of Les Miserables that she is in. (For those who don't know what a golf cart parade is.... well, I live in this odd little community where you can get practically anywhere on a golf cart and they have dedicated golf cart paths for such things. Everybody owns a golf cart and actually playing golf has nothing to do with it at all. On the 4th of July, everybody rides their golf cart and lines up along the more major roads of PTC for the parade. The parade is a traditional parade with high school band, firetrucks, local businesses, etc. Its just that we all ride our golf carts to see the parade and then ride in our golf carts back home.) I'm doing a bit of cleaning and organizing of knitting stuff before we take our kayaks out to the lake this evening to watch the fireworks. Since they shoot the fireworks out over the lake (they rope off a section that boats can't go to) its the best spot in town to watch the fireworks.
I'm posting my trinity knot cable swatch from the Rogue pattern so Jerri can see what I meant by my top loop looking too big. I'm also posting a picture of a newborn sweater that I just made for my ex-sister-in-law. I composed it and threw it together in a couple of days. For some reason, I ended up with a line of stitching showing on the left side of the sweater. I know its very slacker of me, but I didn't have time to frog it and have a do-over. I'll just have to be careful how I pick up the stitches next time. Since its a newborn size, I figure Bryson will probably wear it once anyway. I know that's not my usual line of thinking. I would usually frog something like that, but I still have to try to finish my stepdaughter's tank dress by the end of the week for her birthday.

1 comment:

=^..^= jlw said...

Hey, I like the blue sky alpaca needles except there is one that is not sharp at all on one end. I did write the company and i can send that needle back and they will replace it. I do see the larger loop. When I was at knit at night on thursday, some one was doing the hat and the loops all looked the same size. I am not quite to the large loop on my sweater, so I don't know how mine will be, but soon... I love the peace sign!